rbielefeld's pool build

Great project! I like the dark finish pools as well. I wanted a darker aggregate finish but had to compromise with "the boss" and go with a lighter finish.

Just a suggestion, depending on the size of your water feature you may not need a 1hp pump dedicated for your water feature. You may want to investigate using a single variable speed pump instead of 2 separate pumps. Then just adjust the pump speed when you want to use the water feature. Not sure how much automation you are going for.

I am just behind you with my pool build :-D except I will have to plant vegetation around mine to get your automatic lush tropical look! Very nice layout and with a black pt, it will look awesome. It is always interesting to see how pools are built in various areas of the country, it looks like you have loose sandy soil compared to our usually hard soil - hence the black walll wrap??

I look forward to seeing your progression, I dig mine on Tuesday...trying to get the gas line Wed and Plumbing Thursday and if all goes perfectly steel on Friday.....we will see how the best laid plans pan out :?

61.jpg

steel just about done!

rbielefeld said:
Buggsw, your friends pool is awesome. That is exactly the look I am going for. Thanks for the picture. Yes, we are planning on using a black pebble finish to get a very dark blue water. Can't wait! :-D
ld

You pool will have a natural beauty to it. The existing plants and trees are awesome. I wish TX had that FL vegetation. Keep us posted I can't wait to see the finish.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The depth is 3 feet to 5.5 feet. The edges around the deep end are a bit shallower and the bottom is shaped like a bowl. We did this for the kids so they could walk around the entire pool, but still have a deeper middle area. We could not go a full 6 feet because of soil water issues, but that is OK. We did what we could do. Ron

rbielefeld said:
The depth is 3 feet to 5.5 feet. The edges around the deep end are a bit shallower and the bottom is shaped like a bowl. We did this for the kids so they could walk around the entire pool, but still have a deeper middle area. We could not go a full 6 feet because of soil water issues, but that is OK. We did what we could do. Ron

Ours is 3.5 to 5.5 and we've really liked it.

The palm is a pygmy date palm. All the other palms are cabbage palms. We plan on adding several other species of palms when we do the final landscaping. I really like palms and we have place near by that handles just about any species you can think of. I have been there several times looking and planning. Ron

Thanks for all the comments. My friend and I have been working hard the past week or so. I cannot ever remember being this tired. However, things have gone very well. Can't wait to actually take the plung. Today we will be doing the plumbing and tomorrow we will be putting on the coping stones. Final finish is scheduled for early next week. I will put up more pics as we move along. Ron

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.