Acrylic Spa Maintenance

May 4, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Hola, I've spent the past month reading up about my pool and how to maintain it. I've purchased a K-2006 and I have become pretty aware of the chemicals for the pool and how to change things w/ the calculator. I was curious if there are any basics for maintaining my acrylic spa? I currently sanitize it with bromine through the spa frog in-line system that came with the spa. Like the pool, I have found myself buying tons of Brand name products to do simple things like raise bromine, lower pH, etc. Are there basic chemicals like the BBB method that I can use in an acrylic spa?

Thanks, I will check out that long thread. Like the pool previously, I was using test strips to test the chemicals, but I've grown weary of those, especially since I've moved over to the K-2006 for the pool. What would be the best way to test bromine in the spa? My kit only does chlorine.

Your kit will also measure bromine. The Free Chlorine part of the test measures Total Bromine. Just multiply your chlorine result by 2.25 to get bromine units. You would not use the R-0003 since the CC part of the test does not apply.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.