DE to a Sand Filter Vs. Chemical Approach

Jul 25, 2008
I have a 23,000 gallon in-ground vinyl liner swimming. Pool is slow (almost two weeks) in clearing. I can now see shallow bottom and slightly down the drop but still not able to see drain at 8 feet down. I am able to hold chlorine and PH at any level I need (Shock or normal) for extended time. Only use liquid CL. CYA is 50, No algae just clear/blue but cloudy. Pump pressure only peaked once in 2 weeks. Pump runs 7 x 24. Alkalinity is high (170).

I am thinking about adding a slight amount of DE to my sand filter to improve filter efficiency.

What about chemical products such as pool polish, a natural clarifier that uses natural ingredients such as Chitosan, PowerFloc or additional filters at the skimmer?

Looking for opinions.

KK

Likely no need to change the sand, but good to inspect it, clean it, and resettle it every year. You will likely be surprised by the amount of gunk that overflows out even after backwashing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.