multiple skimmers?

May 17, 2013
Hudsonville, MI
Due to some crazy local zoning issues...I have a round AGP that I can't use and an oval AGP that will be getting installed in two weeks. They are both Doughboy pools and they both came with the same skimmer. The oval pool has two skimmer cutouts. Is there any advantage to having two skimmers, seeing as I already have the equipment, or is this setup just more hassle? The oval is 18x34.

Thanks!
Jeremy

There are some advantages and some fairly minor hassles. It is simpler to go with a single skimmer, but if you are up for a little more work, having two works better than one. Mostly you have two skimmer baskets to clean out (extra work), and there is some small additional chance of leaks. To balance that out, you have more places for debris to go, so the skimmer(s) don't need to be cleaned out as often. There is also a slight increase in water flow, as there is less total resistance to flow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.