Capping off Hayward

Katana

Mar 29, 2013
I am moving to liquid chlorine and the liquidator...

I plan to install Liquidator inlet where my Hayward CL200 injects (pool return right past heater)...and use basket drain for Liquidator oulet.

So, I will need to cap the Hayward penetration that is just downstream of my pump. What size cap it that? Is this sold at Home Depot or such place?

I was going to use heater drain for Liquidator, but with theheater on, the whole manifold gets pretty hot...and I was worried about the fixture melting. So I figured I could sue the Hayword penentration just down stream of the heater on pool return.

Those are 3/8" holes in the plumbing for the feeder tubing. Since the fitting is still there you should be able to get a 1/4" compression cap and just screw it onto the fitting at the clamp. You might want to take the tubing with you so you make sure to get the correct one. Lowes or HD will have them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.