Cloudy Water

May 28, 2013
I have been at this issue for over a week now. 100% same issue - Works all day fine - walked up to the pool at 5pm - white cloudy milk pours out of the jets and fills the pool. Takes about another hour to clear up and stop. All fine. No idea. Water tested fine (professionally tested) - all balanced. No idea as to why. And the pool has been fine for a month. The interesting part is the allege chem i added a week ago. I am thinking based on the posts and other readings on net it is causing my issue with Aqualine Goldwater SWG. T-cell 15.

No point to post test results, as stated all correct. Nothing to adjust. Salt level is 3100 with in-ground vinyl. no leaks, cart filters cleaned again and they are only 3 years old.

Never had this issue with my 3 year old pool. My fourth season. how does a pool go from crystal clean to milk?

I will snap some pics, as i am sure it will occur Tuesday. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum.

Having water professionally tested is pretty close to a waste of time. They are almost uniformly horribly inaccurate, and even when they get the results right they will tell you something needs to be adjusted so they can sell you something even when the numbers are fine. The cloudy water is almost certainly bubbles from your SWCG. Your chemistry could make them more obvious and longer lasting.

Welcome to TFP.

First, there's always a need to post numbers. Telling us all is fine isn't telling us anything. Our version of what's fine and the pool store's version are two completely different things. Also just because you think they're fine, there could be something in the numbers that we'll see that can be adjusted to make the issue you have better, but if you're not willing to post numbers, we'll never know. No numbers is kinda like flying blind.

The algaecide you added could be causing your problem, but since you don't want to post numbers we can't tell if it's that or something else.

Also I hope you have a mistype in your sig as surely you have larger than a 50L pool! :) Maybe a 50K Litre pool?

Thanks for the info I fixed the sig. yes 50K... :-D

as for tests.

FAC 3
TCI 3
ALK 120
PH 7.2
TH 250
CYA 30-50

One other note: my vinyl is new - 1 month old. Last one which lasted 3 years had a defect and pool company that built it changed it under warranty. Pattern faded in the first two years...

Pool is crystal clean today. like sparkling clean.....

I take it that you're not in the U.S. since you listed your pool size in Litres instead of gallons. :)

There's a big difference between 30 ppm CYA and 50 ppm CYA. You should invest in a good test kit and do your own testing.

Having said that, if we can believe the CYA numbers it's too low for a swg. I wouldn't change it until you can get a good test on it.

From the numbers you posted I suspect your issue is the algaecide you added coupled with the swg and it will go away before long. You don't need any algaecide at all especially in a swg pool.

Re: Cloudy Water - Canada

Correct - Toronto/Canada. Algaecide not to be used, thanks. I see that in many articles now. Boy was I advised wrong. CYA/Stabilizer... I added 2KG a month ago. Professional test advised me it was 15, just 4 days ago. I added 500g. I was a bit hesitant because I just added a bunch not more then 30 days ago. Where did it go? Its not like i drained my pool again. I suspect based on my limited test kit it is LOW.

2nd: what is the best way to add Stabilizer - in the skimmer?

3rd: what kind of test kit is available in Canada or brand do you recommend, thanks.

Like I said, I wouldn't add any stabilizer until you have good test results. The CYA test is the one pool stores almost never get right, so I wouldn't trust what they told you.

In Canada you're limited to the taylor K-2006. You can't get the TF-100 shipped to Canada.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.