Central Connecticut
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
I have a poured concrete patio around my pool. Poured in about 3' sections with white separators in between. It was put in around 1995. Blocks still continue to shift over the winter. I want to patch some cracks in the cement, but don't want it to look any worse than it does now. Does anyone know of a good patch product?

I can't even imagine what it would cost to chop up and remove the existing patio, but some areas are starting to shift down, pulling away from the coping. Will want to fill those gaps as well. We bought the house in 2007, so I don't know what they used under the cement and why it would still move after all these years. Any thoughts??? UGH.

I see you are in CT....we have winters! (and "spring" that feels like winter, like today!) Yearly freeze and thaw will takes its toll. Also there might be some ground settling/shifting underneath the concrete (its just fill dirt most likely)

We have a good size crack in one section of our concrete decking, and one complete section has settled enough that its probably 1/2" lower than the surrounding sections.

For the crack, I was planning on using a hydraulic cement and/or a self-leveling crack fix product. The self-levelling stuff is nice but the crack in ours might be too wide for it. Sika makes a self-levelling crack fix product and Im pretty sure its available at most (all?) Home Depot stores with the rest of the concrete. You can get hydraulic cement there as well. As with most everything else DIY-related, prep is key. Follow the instructions to the T and use Google before you even start trying a fix.

As far as making it match whats already there, I just assumed I would wait to fix the section that sank AND the crack at the same time, then hit the whole deck with some good quality concrete pool paint.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.