new to board. I have a closing question?

Rafael

May 24, 2013
Midd
last year we had our pool reblastered.
i cant remember what i added to the pool in addition to the closing kit.
this year when i open it the water was just fine…a little on the ph low side but otherwise good.

what i noticed in the debri bag of our pool cleaner was a flakey snow like substance. I can't recall what i added to the pool before closing but i think i added sodium chloride flakes recommended by my local pool supply store. unfortunatley they have closed the business this year. im going to miss them alot…thye helped me a great deal with reblastering pool care.

My question is this…does adding sodium chloride flakes at closing to a reblastered pool help maintain the water throughout the winter?

Welcome to tfp, Rafeal :wave:

Rafael said:
My question is this…does adding sodium chloride flakes at closing to a reblastered pool help maintain the water throughout the winter?
No.

I would give it a few days and see if the flaky stuff no longer shows up.

For us to help more we will need to have a full set of test results. See: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/read_before_you_post

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.