Chlorine demand for years

The water is crystal clear. I brushed and vacuumed over the weekend, which was difficult because it is so clean I could not tell where I had brushed or vacuumed. I did brush around the light and stairs, but am not seeing any noticeable debris.
The pressure is on due to the timing I chose to SLAM....kids last days of school this week and weather has been great, sunny and hot. Hopefully this pays off!

Please forgive me for not reading the whole thread. Hopefully this wasn't just asked. I'm on my break at work and browsing on the phone.

You mentioned brushing around the light but have you actually pulled the fixture yet and cleaned behind it? A lot of people have found lots of creepiness hiding in those light niches eating their FC!

No, I have not pulled the light and cleaned it. I have only pulled the light once to change the bulb a couple of years ago...I will try that tonight. Thanks for the suggestion. Last night at 10pm my FC was 22.5 and 5:15am this morning it was 16.5 but my CC was the lowest yet. I had to really look for pink when I put in the 0003 reagent, it was almost clear which was encouraging.

OMG, I might be done. My FC was 17 at 11pm and ( just measured it this morning at 6am and it was 18.5! I may have a rezding error cause I don't think it would rise, but in any case it does not look like I lost much if any chlorine at all. My CC was very close to 0. Fingers crossed that my numbers hold today:

Impossible to go up without adding chlorine. Either the water was not well mixed or testing error.
all the chlorine he put in has been hiding and is coming back:eye:

Actually, i have had this happen a couple of times and agree that it is most probably due to the water not being well mixed when the original reading was taken.

Good job on your SLAM! Just a little more and you will be over the finish line.

I had to go away this weekend so my slam was interrupted. Friday morning I was at FC of 18 before we left. When I checked it Sunday evening it was at 1ppm. We did have 3 full days of hot sun in the northeast this weekend. So I brought the chlorine back up to 9 last night to do an overnight test and found it was 7 this morning. I then did all the tests for the first time since I started the slam:
FC 7
CC 0 ish
TA 250
PH 8.2
CYA 0 ...I filled tube to the top and can still see the black dot

I am scared #*!+less to add CYA since it was so high for so long. I kinda feel I should get my ph and TA in line before I worry about the CYA....good idea?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Interesting that your CYA went from 30 to 0.0 You may not have been battling algae recently, but the bacteria that converts CYA to ammonia. All you chlorine may have been oxidizing ammonia.

But it shows, no matter the question - chlorine is the answer:mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.