Big Concrete Patio Decking Help

yeap - I agree...the latest is feeling pretty good. I have trouble in my software with the corners, but I will make sure when we actually lay it out, we have no "sharp" angles.

below is the pool layout...no diving board, but most likely a slide in the deep end.

This layout is exactly how the pool sits.

[attachment=0:2ok08t0z]pool layout.jpg[/attachment:2ok08t0z]

Attachments

• pool layout.jpg
    pool layout.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 63
Yeah like that as well. I think we might rough a few things out on the actual ground this weekend (if the weather is nice 40 degrees right now). Thanks all for the help so far though...

Any more questions or ideas, just yell!

I guess I do have a follow up....if I were to add a SLIDE - any recommendations on where ?

If that was my back yard, and a slide was going in, i would want it to be on the bottom right hand side of drawing (or if i'm sitting down in one of those chairs looking at the pool I'd want to see the slide vs. the stairs up the slide, and not have it block me seeing the pool). I looked into them, and there are some depth requirements and distance from pool edge and stuff, so you should look at that to help make decision.

toofast said:
Yeah I asked my pool guy, and he had no idea what an umbrella sleeve was ?
Same for Volley Ball, he said I would have to pick out EXACTLY what he wanted and he could create the forms, etc.

Do you have examples of what I can use to show him ?

I am assuming your "pool guy" has a sub doing the concrete, correct? He'd be the one to ask about it really. My volleyball sleeves where purchased and are stainless steel pipe with caps, they were set in the wet concrete (i didn't get to watch them do it), the set them at a slight angle as well so that when i really tighten down on the net the poles are straight up and down (the pole and sleeve fit is a little loose).

I think a lot of people use PVC for sleeves, not sure how they do it in the middle of sun shelves and such but your pool is done anyways. The trick is getting nice caps to cover the sleeves when not in use. Here is a pic of the cap right after install

You would want to make sure the bottom of the sleeve ( i tapped mine with duct tape) is not set in concrete, you want them to drain of water. I had some concrete under mine, i took a big bit and drilled till i hit dirt, but alas they don't drain out completely (could be a freeze issue but wasn't for me this past year).

Use a garden hose to lay out your outlines. It won't bend tightly, which is a good thing. Lay it out, nudge it into place, then see how the area works. Use the inverted marking paint cans to mark the edges when you get it laid out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would also suggest being there the day they set up the forms, in the below picture you can see where i painted the big pink arrow instructing them to turn that round corner into a square corner. The forms really give you a much better visual than the hose/paint. Plus they'll have several guys out putting it up, if you don't like it, just have them change it real quick!

For the umbrella sleeves, remember that anything metal within "x" feet of the water should be bonded. Our builder said that he usually just uses 1 1/2" pvc pipe. I bought a bunch of these and will drill a hole in the bottom of them this weekend (as they are currently full of water). I also put a couple where I suspect a table would go to provide extra support for an umbrella there even if it is in a cast aluminum stand and through the table (it's windy here).

http://www.poolsupplyunlimited.com/...andswithSleeveandCenterCapLightGrayUS103/5840

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.