CYA question (another one)

jp4120

May 11, 2012
Norristown, PA
this forum is great
second season using BBB method, don't use the frog system anymore, best water yet.
my season is 5/15 thru 9/15 - when i closed CYA = 48
now the CYA is below 30 - (using Taylor kit the black dot is visible but a little murky even when completely filled so it could be at 20?)

question
should I just use pucks and powder to bring up the CYA over the next 3 or 4 weeks (not real hot in eastern PA yet), or add some CYA to get up to 35 or so?

thx

jp4120 said:
this forum is great
second season using BBB method, don't use the frog system anymore, best water yet.
my season is 5/15 thru 9/15 - when i closed CYA = 48
now the CYA is below 30 - (using Taylor kit the black dot is visible but a little murky even when completely filled so it could be at 20?)

question
should I just use pucks and powder to bring up the CYA over the next 3 or 4 weeks (not real hot in eastern PA yet), or add some CYA to get up to 35 or so?

thx
It sounds like you understand our ways... so either works. Dichlor powder (I hesitate to use the term they give it) will boost CYA and FC. Just don't buy more than you need to raise CYA.

You could go either way. The key is to think about how valuable or annoying the other effects of using tablets are and also what you have sitting around that you need to use up and compare that to the alternative. Trichlor tablets lower PH, so you are probably going to need to raise the PH frequently as long as you are using them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.