Green/Cloudy Water - Even the frogs are scared of my pool!

Couple more questions and I'll be out of your hair for a while. :-D

I don't think my schedule is going to allow me to do a 40-50% drain for another week or two. Right now I'm at a FC reading of 15ppm and the PH is holding at 7.2.

So, in the meantime before I can get my CYA levels down and really start to clear up the water, should I just maintain a 9-13% FC level and watch the PH? I don't see any visible algae, but I'll continue to brush the walls and stir things up.

Also, can I cut my pump back to 8-10 hours a day? It's been running 24-7 since last Wednesday when I started this whole algae cleanup process.

Thanks everyone.

Back with an update. Yesterday I did a partial drain and got my CYA down to 70. The pool is clearing up, but still not sparkling - that's where I want to be! Here are my latest numbers from this morning:
FC = 6
CC = 0
TC = 6
PH = 7.8
TA = 170
CH = 270
CYA = 70

I'm seeing a little bit of dusty debris at the bottom (yes, I can see the bottom!). I haven't vacuumed yet. Wonder if that's algae or just dirt/pollen (photo attached)?

I also had to replace my pump motor on Saturday, so maybe I'll get a little better circulation now.

Anyway, just wondering if I should stay the course with a 7.4 ph and 8 FC level and let it clear up by itself - or do I need to do any more shocking to get it to sparkle?

It sure has been a different world though the last couple weeks since we got it blue... we are actually enjoying swimming :-D

Thanks again.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 158
It sounds like you are well on your way!

I suggest doing an overnight FC loss test. If the FC level in the evening and early the next morning are the same then you don't need to shock any more. If the FC level falls by more than 1 overnight then you do need to bring it back up to shock level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.