Yet another top rail fix question

Smykowski

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
These have been issues since we moved into the house 3 years ago, I just haven't decided to look into a solution until now. We've got a Doughboy 52" Desert Spring above ground pool. Looks like the vertical legs are spaced 52" apart, and the top rails are all the same size. The problem is, in two places, it looks like the top rails literally pulled out of their screws, and the legs are too far apart on those sides. Here are pictures. You can see how it pulled out on the right side of both pictures.

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this? I think the pool is sound, structurally. The biggest problem is that one of those rails is right where we put the steps, so there are kids/swimmers constantly stepping on the rail. I'm open to any suggestions (short of draining and resetting all the legs!).

Looks to me like you're gonna have to make some kinda mending plate. Long enough to use the existing holes in the existing plate to bolt through and extend it up under that moved top rail, drill new holes, and screw it together.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.