Valve replacement

May 19, 2013
I recently discovered that one of the three valves going into the skimmer at the pump froze over the winter and needs replacement. I am replacing all three to avoid future problems. My issue is this, the two lines coming from the upper skimmer baskets have water in them, but is not flowing, however, the line from the drain at the bottom of the deep end is forcing water through the line. This makes it difficult to glue pieces together. Is there a way (short of draining my pool) to stop this flow of water so i can glue the replacement valves in place? PLEASE HELP ! ! !

the valves are not below the surface, but i think the reason for the flow of water through the third valve is the pressure from the deep end. i'm going to try to make a frame and use a piece of plastic sheeting to cover the drain at the bottom of the deep end and do the bread trick at the vale. hopefully that will give me enough time to get things together.

ok, so i finally got the guts to finish this project. after cutting the remaining pipe, i took 3 hot dog rolls (thats all i had) and mashed them into a ball and jammed it into the pipe. i also took a balloon and blew it up slightly then put that in the pipe as well. i was able to finish gluing the pieces together and i am proud to say that everything is running fine with no leaks. thanks for the bread suggestion.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.