Lots of questions from Noob about to build a pool

May 12, 2013
Sorry in advance for my stupid questions. I'm very close to signing with a builder, I've narrowed it down to two. There are some differences with the two and I'm not sure if they matter much.

This will be an in-ground pool. Something in the 18X41 area. Right now I'm torn between a Lagoon style or L shaped. Any pros or cons I should be aware of?

I want to have a slide, a waterfall and a sun deck as the 2nd step in the entry.

Builder A uses Royal (Imperial) pools, Hayward SWG, Hayward pump, Hayward DE filter, Hayward or Aqua comfort heat pump (he suggests the heat pump), Garret or Imperial liners.

Builder B uses Cardinal Systems pools, Jandy SWG, Pentair Pump, Pentair DE Filter, Raypack heater (he suggests propane), Latham liners.

Prices are very close. Both builders came from personal recommendation/reference.

What are your thoughts on pool shapes? Is there a difference between the equipment used by the two, do their choices say anything about them?

One note is that Pentair increases the warranty to 3 years if you buy 3 pieces of equipment ... so the 2nd builders equipment seems odd. But Raypak heaters seem to be better than the Pentair. So I would switch to a Pentair SWG.

Are the pumps at least 2 speed?

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.