Updated 6/29 PHOTOS: New Pool & Ramada Phoenix

Re: Updated 6/17 PHOTOS: New Pool & Ramada Phoenix

Yes, I think if you deep water them and make the roots go deeper you might be OK. I have roots that are 50 - 60 ft away producing shoots right now. I just wish someone would have told me in the beginning and I would have removed the trees (planted by the builder of our house) when they were young and easy to remove.

My wife loves the look of the tree (they look like an aspen) and the fact that they grow so fast is nice. The issue is if you run into problems and need them removed they are a pain to get rid of the root system.

New Pool & Ramada Phoenix

Last night's progress...

Rebar for the new shotcrete & tile on the swim-up bar going down

Interior of the ramada coming along

Travertine stacked and ready to go for ramada flooring

Grill & Egg ready for install

Re: Updated 6/21 PHOTOS: New Pool & Ramada Phoenix

The shotcrete crew was back out yesterday to raise the floor and level out the shallow end a bit. I love the results and am SO glad we did this. I am 100% thrilled with the pool now. We have much more shallow end to play with, and the kids still have a nice deep end area to jump in. The only downside is that now we have a steep little ramp into the deep end. The good news is that the water in that area is over the kids heads anyway, so no chance of them falling into the deep end. Though we may have some adults who suddenly dissapear under the water. :lol:

Re: Updated 6/24 PHOTOS: New Pool & Ramada Phoenix

The latest progress on the ramada & turning out even better than we had hoped. The stain is done on the wood, the stone is done and grouted. The tile is done on the top of the counters and the built-ins are almost done, just waiting for the Weber. I can almost smell BBQ now... :)

Re: Updated 6/27 PHOTOS: New Pool & Ramada Phoenix

Here are some final photos before PebbleSheen goes in today. Just found out we passed our final inspection. :-D

The ramada - grill will get pushed all the way in - they were just waiting for the concrete pad to set.

Interior of the ramada

View from the ramada down the yard

The swim up bar tile

Close up of the coping

Yes, we have grass in Arizona :cool:

The equipment

And the wall it's hiding behind... still waiting on paint that will match the house.

Re: Updated 6/27 PHOTOS: New Pool & Ramada Phoenix

JimboAZ said:
Looking good. I really like the ramada and swim up bar! We're going to be n stalling grass soon (synthetic!)

Thanks! Almost all of our neighbors have synthetic grass. It looks great and you can't beat not having to re-seed in the winter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: Updated 6/28 PHOTOS: New Pool & Ramada Phoenix

bumpy1 said:
Looks fantastic !!! Quick question, what are the dimensions of the ramada ? Trying to get my head around what to do at my place.

Thank you! The ramada is 20'x20' and we are glad we didn't go any smaller. We thought that was huge when our contractor first quoted it, but now that it's done, and we have measured out how much room our table & chairs will take up it seems to be just right.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.