How to set up for water removal behind liner on a 15year old

blancc

May 11, 2013
I have a older vinyl liner pool that we just replaced the liner. We are not the original owners. After a heavy rain the liner is beginning to float. I now know we have nothing wet up to remove or pump out this water. What and how can I install something to help prevent this?

Re: How to set up for water removal behind liner on a 15year

Welcome to tfp, blancc :wave:

Have you had an unseasonably rainy spring? If so, then hopefully the water will recede soon and the water behind the liner with it. If not, then a dry well may need to be installed. Basically you put a pump down a hole near your pool at or below the bottom of it that then pumps water away from the pool area.

You never had this problem with your old liner? Was the new liner installed while the ground was wet?

Re: How to set up for water removal behind liner on a 15year

The liner will only float if the local water table is higher than the water level in the pool. The first thing to do is to raise the water level in the pool as high as you can reasonably raise it.

Assuming your water level is already reasonably high, to really fix the problem permanently, you need to provide some kind of drainage system so that the local water table doesn't get that high. Typically underground drains are installed that drain water away to somewhere lower than where the pool is. Another option is to use sump pumps installed in well points around the pool. Doing either of these after the pool is complete can get quite expensive.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.