New liner, new water

G

I just got a new liner this week, and it's just about full of water - so I have a fresh start with brand new city water.

I want to do things right, in the right order, since I have fresh water. Once I get the water circulating, do you have recommendations as what I should do first, and in what order?

Right now, the levels are
Cl = 0
pH = 7.1
TA = 90
CH = 0
CYA = 0

Thanks!

I would suggest adding CYA and chlorine to your pool first....they can be added at the same time. Bring your CYA to a target of 40 ppm by calculating the dose and then assuming it is in there. YOu can't test for it accurately for a few days.

Also bring your FC up to about 4 ppm and keep that amount in your pool ALL THE TIME.

If you keep your FC constant, there should be no need to shock your pool now or perhaps for the rest of the summer.

The rest of your numbers look fine but I suggest you retest for CH....there is most always SOME CH in city water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.