West Monroe, Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I have exposed aggregate (EA) surrounding my pool and also my patio. I was told by someone that by doing an acid wash on my EA that I could get it looking brand new. Has anyone ever done this before? The EA is actually is great shape for being over 30 yrs old. Everyone that I have had come by to bid on pouring a new concrete section has commented on it's quality and appearance over time. He told me that the acid wash would really clean it up and "make it shine". I'm just looking for some feedback before I start the project.

I used a gas powered pressure washer on my 30 year old exposed aggregate last weekend and it looks so much better! I did have to go over some sections 2 or 3 times, but it looks brand new now. I purchased a solution from Home Depot that claimed it was for cleaning concrete. I cleaned my deck upon opening while I was getting rid of algea, so I wasn't too concerned about any overspray of the solution. I've heard that bleach is a great alternative if you are concerned about overspray into the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.