2013 Favorite pool tunes thread!

All types of music depending on the crowd.
I prefer most music from the late sixties to late seventies. The wife is a huge country music fan from all eras.
I love spinning some of my old vinyl when the kids are around, they had never heard that wonderful crack from a true album sound. (Santana, Moody Blues, BTO, Kansas, Boston, Pink Floyd and of course Mr. Buffet)

Whenever we have a leisure day around the pool, the first song I always fire up is Chesney's Old Blue Chair...

There's a blue rockin' chair, sitting in the sand, weathered by the storms and well oiled hands...

I'm not a huge Chesney fan, but I have mixed his Come As You Are album successfully with Buffett for a sound that gets me to the coast even if I haven't left my pool.

I use Pandora on my phone Bluetooth linked to my jawbone jambox. I haven't hooked up permanent sound out back by the pool yet. I have outdoor speakers under the eves in the side courtyard where we chill and have cocktails.

It depends on what mood we're in but often we play a "pre-built" Pandora station called "Urban Chill Radio" that I love. Other days I'll use my station "Lindstrom & Christabelle". Sometimes my other half wants to be disco so I'll put on either Kristine W radio or IIO radio, etc. depending on the era wanted.

TOTALLY different than anything y'all have posted so far, lol. A lot of that stuff I was making "oh, heck no" faces at. :)

Time to resurrect this thread for the 2014 swim season. Share your pool tunes list!

Few I've added: You shook me all night long AC/DC You gotta fight for your right to party Beastie Boys Sunny and 75 Aerosmith--Sweet Emotions Mas Tequila

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.