Equipment review/reccomendations: Pump and Heat Pump

Apr 23, 2013
Hi everyone...new to forum, first time poster. Please forgive the newbie if I should have posted in a different forum/topic.

I live in South Florida with a standard (15x30) free flow gunite pool. Looking to replace original heater and pump. Anyone have opinions on one of the below vs. the other? or experience with either? Sadly, I don't know enough to even know if I am comparing apples to apples here...although warranties appear basically the same. Help? TIA.

Heat Pump: Rheem M-5350 95k Btu <VS> Aquacal T115 112k BTUs
Pool Pump: Pentair super flow 1 HP <VS> Jandy Flo Pro 3/4 HP

The Rheem's have a better reputation but I'm sure they're both fine heaters. I'd suggest bumping up to the 117k BTUH if you go with the Rheem.

Either pump should be fine for your pool, but I'd suggest getting a 2-speed model to save electricity. What made you pick those particular pumps?

Thanks so much! Both are equipment reccommended by local companies I found on Angie's list. The Rheem and the Pentair went with one quote and are significantly less expensive as he is trying to move stock. I will have to check to see if he has the larger heater, as I wondered about that myself.

Thanks again, it is so difficult to determine what's what out there, without input from interested parties. I was so happy to find this site. You guys are doing a great service!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.