Jandy1400 another bad tri-sensor

May 20, 2011
Sacramento, Ca
Put in a new 3 port cell with sensor on my pool in 2011. Well I am getting error codes this week that points to a bad tri-sensor. Cell has worked great for almost 2 years.

Question: The new tri-sensors I see on line show some kind of daughter board, are these better/last longer than older versions?

My current tri-sensor does not have a daughter board, but it does have black epoxy. Hoping for more that 2 years out of the next sensor.

Charlie.

Update:

I went ahead and installed a new tri-sensor to get rid of my no-flow problem on my Jandy 1400. This new tri-sensor has the little daughter board on it. It came with wiring adapters to use with new or older units. My unit is 10 years old.

Good news, the unit has been working for the last 4 days. Even with my variable speed pump when it is running on low speed. There is a small push button on the daughter board, once flow has has stabilized, you push the button for 5-8 seconds, and a small greed LED lights up (which apprently indicates flow) and then shortly after the Flow light on the Jandy comes on. I had to do this only once so it is looking good. Initially there wan no green LED after a while on low speed, but once I hit the calibration button for 5 seconds, all is well.

So I am hoping this units last longer than 2 years, which is what my last sensor did. The two year old cell seems to be producing plenty of chlorine this year too.

Charlie.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.