pool light

Apr 17, 2013
just had a new pool liner put in and had my light bulb changed. now with the new light in there... the light comes on for about 20 mins... then goes off form15 to 20 mins.. then light comes back on. pool company has no idea... anyone have an idea.

JohnT said:
Most likely the light is overheating. Maybe they put the wrong bulb in the fixture.
When I bought my new (used) house with a pool and spa, I had a pool service check out the pool and spa. Spa light and one pool light was out and had him change them. Worked well for a few months, and then both the pool and spa lights would come off and on when in use. After a few months of the this the spa light quit. So I went ahead and replaced both lights myself. A little tricky since this was my first time, but both lights have worked steady for over a year. No clue why the new lights the servicman put in were flaky, but they were.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.