Above Ground Pool install on wet ground

You can save yourself a 100 dollars and go with the walk behind. I built my pad and it was almost a 4ft fill with a jumping jack and a walk behind.

Take the 100 bucks and buy some beer !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

pwrstrk said:
You can save yourself a 100 dollars and go with the walk behind. I built my pad and it was almost a 4ft fill with a jumping jack and a walk behind.

Take the 100 bucks and buy some beer !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I have used those jumping jacks when I was 15 years younger and 100 lbs lighter. Used to push mow my yard too.

Thanks. :goodjob: Great to have a resource that has already been there done that.

Should I grade the soil up to the pool wall, over the pad after the pool is finished and full of water? I mean to keep rain from getting under the liner. I just opened all the boxes and those resin pieces look so pretty. Would be a shame to have to cover them up with soil.

Got the perimeter of the foundation started today. 50 tons of crushed stone was delivered. Tomorrow the Bobcat, Vibratamp and Laser transit will be here for the rest of the weekend. The weekend will cost $1000 so the budget is officially shot. Wish me luck on getting it dug, leveled, packed, with pavers placed in 2 days.

Got the stone in and packed tight. Took the Wife and I 5 hours to dig then tamp then lay 6" stone then tamp then more stone then tamp then give up on bobcat and use the rake then tamp and rake 2 more times. WOO! I'm beat. Pad is level to <1" all the way around. Tomorrow will put in pavers and maybe level it again if I think I need it. Then put the sand back on the pad. The rest of the day will be spent finishing the last 20' of driveway and getting that all smoothed out and packed. I took pics for you guys but for some reason the pics never showed up in my email box from my Wife's phone. Will try and upload them tomorrow. Time to hit the showers. :colors:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My phone/email does that too and it's very irritating! Can't wait to see pics!

Got the pool up today. From the time I took first box outside to the start of filling with water was 5 hours. The hose is filling at about 2" per hour. Very easy to install once I finished with the weeks of site prep.

Now weeks of site finish to do.

....and weeks....

she's worth it :thequeen:

Did she get to pick the liner? I had one almost just like it in 2007 but had dolphins and a tan bottom. It was a really cool liner that I let the kids pick out. :mrgreen:

The pool looks great! :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.