My first Test result.

ting

Mar 7, 2013
Bangkok, THAILAND
I just got my TF-100 Test kit and this is my result.
PH 7.4 / TC 1.2 / TA 30 / CH 150 / CYA (I still can see the black dot after empty the solution)

I will have to add many chemical, which I will follow the "Water Balance for SWGs" in Pool School section. By the way I still have some question.

1.I have my pool about a month with out any problem and I love to swim without smelling of chlorine. I think TC 1.2 is ideal for a pool with very low CYA, so If I add CYA and rise TC to 3.0, Will I smell the chlorine while swimming?

2.My pool have a waterfall, SWG, So As I understand I will have to add baking soda from time to time because of that waterfall will lowering my TA, am I correct?

F62E059C-7C63-4BCC-9813-D610A2AE04FA-48196-00002BF475C7D695_zps0dd21fe4.jpg

Beautiful Pool!

No, you will not smell the chlorine much more at all. I would suggest a CYA of 30ppm to start and then keep your FC 2-4ppm at all times.

You may need some baking soda to keep TA up but more importantly, you will need muriatic acid to keep pH around 7.4. This is more important than TA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.