test results

Feb 26, 2013
Fc 3
CC 0
Ta 110
Ch 200
Cya 75
Ph 7.8

Water is pretty clear...this is not first test - tested last week and added mur acid to bring Ph down and also added bleach to increase Cl level. ...first season w/ pool...when is it safe for swimming. Levels look pretty good to me based on pool calc/pool school info.

With CYA at 75, normal FC levels are from 6 to 11, and never below 6 (or 4 if you have a SWG).

Swimming is safe when FC is at least 6 (or 4), the water is clear, and there is no obvious organic contamination.

Longer term, your CH level is a little low. With a plaster pool in the spring I would raise CH up to at least 300 (so it will still be at least 250 in the fall).

swimfam said:
Fc 3
CC 0
Ta 110
Ch 200
Cya 75
Ph 7.8

Water is pretty clear...this is not first test - tested last week and added mur acid to bring Ph down and also added bleach to increase Cl level. ...first season w/ pool...when is it safe for swimming. Levels look pretty good to me based on pool calc/pool school info.
Raise FC as stated in the previous post. After that, it's mostly just how cold can you stand it? :splash:

Where are you located? If you're in, say, California, Arizona, or Nevada - probably New Mexico and Texas, too - your CH will climb pretty quick from topping off so adding more CH now might not be such a hot idea.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.