New Pool - First Time Heating

The party was a success!

The pool hit temperature again (87 this time) at 10:30 (about 7-8 degrees in 3 hours) . We heated the pool and spa throughout the day for the party.

On Sunday we heated the pool again to around 90 (only went to 82 overnight).

I used 54 gallons of fuel for the whole weekend, so not that bad.

DJP1812, glad to hear the pool party was a hit. so you heated to 90 on sunday. did you notice a difference in heat time going from say 85-90 than from 75-80? I would think the further you move from air/ground temp the longer it would take to rise, but that's just a guess.

Another question i would have is.... is it better to keep it heated overnight or let it cool then reheat the next day. Anyone ever done the calculations on this?

Cajun,

I would have thought it would take longer from 85 - 90 also, but it did not. I think it was a constant 2 - 3 degrees an hour on average. Heating during the day (direct sun) was a big help. I wouldn't know about letting cool versus keeping it at temp. I would be too worried to run out of gas. If I had a NG line, I might try to keep at temp or at least a baseline of 82.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.