First time testing pool after equipment problem.

jblizzle said:
djscotty14 said:
Well I have tested it 3x and I do not think I have enough in the Taylor kit to test again so I have ordered more.

Another of the reasons we like to recommend that TF-100 ... more of the reagents that you actually need.

Is the Taylor cya tube compatible? If its a 50/50 mix for the cya test like the TFT-100 he should be able to order from TFT, but I have never used the Taylor 2006 before so I thought I would put it out there. I also know that with the TFT CYA tube if you know the cya is over 50 or so you can use only 7.5ml of water and reagents instead of the full 15ml of each and still have enough to test anything over 50. And if he is lucky enough to be under 50 now he can mix up the other 7.5 of each, or whatever he has left in reagents to test down lower, as long as he is careful to stay with an accurate 50/50 mix.

All that said, someone who knows the 2006 can chime in as to if it works the same as the TFT-100. Sorry If there are are crazy typos as its 4am and my phone case needs a good cleaning for these fat thumbs to type well.

Ok I had enough to test but some other numbers today were higher.

FC 11
CC .25
PH 8.0+ a little on the purple side
CYA 40

So it looks like I need to add some Muratic Acid to the pool. Any other thoughts?

Unless I did the test wrong. I used the smaller sample and when I added the drops it barely turned color. I put one drop in and it turned clear. So I multiplied .5x1 and i did add it wrong. I have .5 of CC

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well my FC yesterday was 7 and todays test was 5. My PH is at 7.4. I guess I didn't know I was doing a shock process. When I refilled the pool by FC was at 2.0 so I added bleach as per the calculator.

djscotty14 said:
Well my FC yesterday was 7 and todays test was 5. My PH is at 7.4. I guess I didn't know I was doing a shock process. When I refilled the pool by FC was at 2.0 so I added bleach as per the calculator.
Okay, I wasn't sure why your FC was so high. For 40 ppm cya, you want your FC to be between 3 and 7, although going above for a little bit isn't a problem. Make sure you add enough chlorine so the next day when you add again, you are at or above 3 ppm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.