Backwashing salt water pool valve locations

Mar 31, 2013
Hi,
I am a new pool owner. It is a salt water pool with hayward filters / pump.
After winter it just seem like the pump is not as powerful cleaning the pool now.
It looks clean but the surface always seems to have a film on it.

I put in new filters but it still does not seem to be cleaning as well
I want to backwash it maybe but the valve has no labels so I am not sure which way to turn it for backwashing.
I have attached a picture of the valve in the normal operating position.

Any advise would be helpful thanks

2fa1e3da-5591-4eb9-9cac-ab040e64a07e_zpsc1d6a012.jpg

What kind of filter do you have? You can not backwash a cartridge filter.

That valve looks like a valve to assist where the pool suction comes from.

Add more information about your pool and pictures showing more of the equipment.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Mwshaw44, the film sounds like something growing in the pool and you need to do some water testing to know what's going on. If you have been relying on the pool store for testing post the results here before doing what they tell you to do. If you have a good test kit post your own results here. If you don't I would recommend a TFT-100, and you won't be sorry if you spend the extra money on a speedstir.

Hit the pool school button at the top right and do some reading. The easiest way to read and understand is to print it and use it like a reference after you go through it once. Don't worry if it seems a little overwhelming at first, just come back and ask questions and these guys will guide you through it. Everybody starts off where you are so don't worry about asking dumb questions. You may have to shock the pool to get things under control. Read up to learn that shocking the pool is a process not dumping in a pound of chlorine or two and your done. The ONCL test and a bunch of ordinary bleach are your friends in troubled times.

In may sound lime a lot but once you learn about what is going on in the pool and get everything under control you can spend a couple of minutes a day on your pool and you will have a perfectly sparkling pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.