new numbers after borates last sunday

roth79

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 19, 2009
I travel so have not checked numbers till this morning, borates last sunday.
temp 69
PH 8.0
FC 9
TA 80
CH 300
CYA 70

Salt 4000
Borates 50

Plan to add MA only this morning, I am dialing in the SWG so I guess I need to cut it back to lower my FC, what so you think is next. I do have to add a couple of inches of water also today.

Thanks

R

Add the MA to get your pH down (7.4 is a good target), Adjust your SAWG to provide 3-5ppm FC and, assuming your water is crystal clear, you are set for the swim season.

Why did you have to add the water?

Dave I had a new light put in a couple of months ago and he pulled out the old and it was covered with sealant and he pulled it out, now losing water, He is coming back when the water warms up a little to reseal the niche. BTW the water is the best it has ever looked, I will recheck the numbers after I add water before doing anything, besides I know a guy who has plenty of refills!!

Do you think I should drop the pentair to 60% output or change the timer it comes on for which is now set for 5 hours?

Thanks Dave.

The SWG should be on whenever the pump is on. You adjust the pump run time based on filtering, and adjust the SWG percentage based on reaching your target FC level. Since the concern at the moment is the FC level, you should adjust that by turning down the percentage setting on the SWG. You may or may not also want to adjust the pump run time, see the article on finding your ideal pump run time in Pool School, though nothing you have mentioned in this topic suggests any reason to change the pump run time.

J thanks I do have a timer set up separately to the swg and the VS pump is hot and I use the pump timer on that. Sorry I wasn't clear, I took that advise from this forum when I wired it. MY fc is high so I will lower the percentage first and watch it, thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.