Safety Cover Suggestions

Jul 15, 2012
NJ
I am starting to price out safety covers a little earlier than planned. Most of the quotes I receiving are for Merlin and Dover/Jersey. Does anyone have any comments or experience with either? I am also looking for suggestions or comments on the smart/extreme mesh vs. solid. Any other gotchas that I should be asking when receiving these quotes? I am in NJ and have a Grecian T, aprox 27x44. Thanks.

We sell and install both solid and mesh, but prefer mesh. With a solid cover you will always have a pump, cord, and hose on it unless it has a drain panel in it. Mesh are maintenance free, but spend the extra money and get a premium cover with a high shade factor like the Merlin Smart mesh. It will keep the pool a lot cleaner and block sunlight so when you open it in the spring the water will be clean, not pea soup. As far as brand, we sell Merlin but you will be happy with any name-brand cover that is installed correctly by a reputable service company.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.