Low CH / Higher pH ... still OK?

jblizzle

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Moderator Emeritus
May 19, 2010
Tucson, AZ
So I am fortune enough to have great water for AZ.

I just did a major water replacement to lower the CH and recent test shows I am at around 130 ppm in my pebble pool. The pH seems to be currently hovering around 7.8. According to poolcalc, I am sitting right around a 0 CSI :goodjob:

My question:
I am clearly low on the CH, but know it will rise due to evaporation. Is the low CH a concern if all other parameters keep the CSI in check? I just am not 100% sure if the low CH could cause problems even if the pH stays a little high.

Test results as I remember them:
FC 4.0
pH 7.8
TA 80-120 (discrepancy between old and new kit ... sounds like I am seeing the static problem with this test according to Dave)
CH 130
CYA 30

As long as you keep an eye out for the CSI level and keep it in range there is no problem running with CH at 130. We don't normally recommend doing that for a variety of reasons, but high CH fill water limits your options and makes what you are doing worth the extra effort/attention.

Hmmm ... playing with numbers and was thinking of starting to add salt soon (for feel and hopefully the SWG I have been talking about for over a year). But, that certainly hits the CSI pretty hard to the negative.

I guess I will have to pay super extra special attention to everything as I go forward.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.