New to forum - new test kit - results are in - please help..

Re: New to forum - new test kit - results are in - please he

For your size pool I wouldn't even consider the 4 gallon. Go for the 8 gallon and do the 3/8" upgrade as outlined in Rabbits thread. I can't recommend a place to buy it from. Just search for it and buy it at the cheapest place. You may want to look into injection pumps before you commit to the LQ (liquidator).

Or make the leap to salt water chlorine generator. Weigh all your options, I've had both a LQ and now have SWCG, so I can give pros and cons of each. Others can talk about injection pumps.

Robbie - can you explain pros and cons of LQ vs SWG? Also how does a SWG work with chlorine pool?

Bama - pls tell me more or provide links to injectors. I don't mind working at my pool, but any automation would be welcome.

I wrote a "I've defected to the dark side" topic on my switch from the LQ to an injection pump. While I liked the LQ, I had specific circumstances that led me to change. There is a lot of good info in that thread.

misterrockchalk said:
Also how does a SWG work with chlorine pool?.
I'm not Robbie, but I can answer the second part of the question.

A saltwater chlorine generator (swg) is a chlorine pool. The swg creates chlorine from the salt that is in the pool (usually the recommend salt level is ~3500 ppm). View the swg as a source of chlorine just as a bleach bottle is a source of chlorine.

By the way, Cyclone fan here :rant: :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.