Advise on how to clean my pool

rg7174

Mar 16, 2013
Hello. Need help getting my pool under control. I used to have someone that would come once a week and clean my pool but he never did a great job and has not shown up in about 3 weeks. The pool is a mess and I am planning on cleaning it myself with your advice. The bottom of the pool has dirt from nearby garden, leaves and the water is very dirty and murky. Some walls of the pool has began to show algae. I am going to buy a new pool cleaner (most probably Polaris 360) and start cleaning it. I have a Jandy DE filter. I need your help on where to start and how to do it. Please help. Thank you.

You will need to follow the shock process as described in Pool School to clear up the water, but you will need to scoop out as much gunk as possible first. To do this correctly, you will need one of the recommended test kits. Order it now and while waiting for it to arrive, scoop gunk and read Pool School a few times.

Here are a few links to give you an idea of the process:
Defeating Algae
Turning Your Green Swamp Back into a Sparkling Oasis
Shocking Your Pool

Ask question when they com up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.