Mice in bottom of pool

Mar 11, 2013
New Mexico
After being shut down for 3 months, I went to skim all the leaves in the pool bottom today and found a floater. No big surprise, we get a few each year and I get them out quickly. However, I was really surprised to find 6 mice mixed in with the leaves on the bottom. No idea how long they have been there, but the bodies were intact and maybe a little bloated. I'm sure my levels are way off since I haven't touched the pool since shut down. I'm dealing with the ph first since we have hard water out here in NM. Then I'm going to start shocking the heck out of it. I've read the CDC memo on dead critters in the pool and hyperchlorination.
http://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/swimmin ... pools.html

It's 19000 gal with an attached hot tub, waterfalls, and salt water setup with a Goldline Aqua-Rite chlorinator. Still in winter mode with air in the lines. I've started to add acid to get the ph leveled. I was going to shock it with Power Powder Plus a few times before even starting it up for the first run. Any suggestions? First time in 7 years I've dealt with a mouse problem like this. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.