LA's Totally Awesome Bleach

True, but in the interest of full disclosure, i am the only one who seems to get the stronger stuff and i can't find the full cases any more. The individual bottles are not datecoded. At least not the ones I've ever found.

The easiest thing to do, would be a buy a gallon. Use pool math to figure out what the expected rise in FC would be and give it a go. Like if half a gallon should give a 3 FC rise and you only get 2 then you can figure it's 2/3 what you estimated in strength.

That's what I did before I got the SWG dialed in. For me, at the time, it was better than 6%. But of course there is an error rate to consider so 5% was probably more realistic. Since getting the SWG worked out I haven't needed to supplement.

On the subject of "LA's Awesome Bleach" - I can tell you that I spoke with their Corporate Office this afternoon and they informed me that the gallon size (128 oz.) is only 3% Sodium Hypo. Of course, you get what you pay for. At Walmart, their "Great Value" brand bleach at the same size container has 8.25% and it is clearly marked on the package. Their price is approx. $2.74 per gallon. Other "major brands" may contain 9% of the Sodium Hypo but the price for gallon is closer to $5.00 per gallon. Peace

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.