How to Reset Colorlogic lights without Prologic controller?

Nov 13, 2012
I have two Colorlogic 4.0 LED lights that I need to reset to the factory defaults of manual control instead of automation control. The reason is that I have replaced my Goldline PS-8 controller with a Pentair Intellitouch system and I don't want to replace the lights with Intellibright since they are working fine.

Now that I don't have the lights connected to the AQL-COLOR-MODHV anymore, I need to switch them from program control mode to stand alone mode using just cycling of the light switch.

According to the manual, Colorlogic Lights which have been installed and configured with a pool controller can be returned to stand alone mode by using the “Reset ColorLogic” option in the Pro Logic configuration menu.

However, I read that after I removed the panel, and so now need to find a different way to reset them, hopefully by just cycling the power in some way.

Does anyone know how to do this without reconnecting the Goldline panel once more?

Re: How to Reset Colorlogic lights without Prologic controll

Ok, so I guess it isn't possible to reset the lights without the prologic panel. The lights themselves maintain a memory and will turn on and then off after five seconds if the Goldline AQL-COLOR-MODHV is not found. There isn't a manual way to get it out of this mode or set to factory defaults. So I had to reconnect the controler temporarily to reset the lights from the configuration menu. Everything now works fine in power cycling mode with my Intellitouch automation panel. So you have to be careful if you are buying used lights that were previously connected to the colorlogic module otherwise you may not be able to get them to work right without it.

Re: How to Reset Colorlogic lights without Prologic controll

Thanks for the info. Sorry no one came along and answered your question, but apparently there aren't a lot of people familiar with the lights and how they interface with the controller.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.