Pool Started! - Pavers this weekend!

Re: Pool Started! - bathroom started 4/4

Hard to see? But, played a little this weekend and hung the 4 speakers. Can't decide to leave them white or paint them tan with the fence. My wife says leave them, they kind of stand out now, but will blend in with the retaining wall, pavers, tree, etc.

Sounds real good, and I can make it loud enough that you can't hear anything in the backyard - a little overkill, but they sound good low too.

CAM 11????? Where don't you have a camera?! Looking great.

Wow, that last 10% is taking forever, hopefully done by the end of next week. At least we can swim in it. The pool company is trying to make me happy by sending an employee over every day to check chemicals, brush and clean the pool. Still waiting on some pump equipment, but the heater, variable speed pump and filter are operational.

Still need RV Pad poured again, this coming Monday!
Finishing edges around some of the pavers.
Core drilling for umbrellas, volleyball net and basketball net.
Pool equipment fully installed.
Finish bathroom - insulation done and inspection on insulation tomorrow.

Anyway, here are a couple pics.

jamgolf said:
Nice pavers !
Do you recall the name of paver color?
What material is the coping?
The dark color is nice contrast to the deck.

Let me ask my tile guy, luckily, my good friend is a contractor building homes so I have some pretty good contacts with contractors. The paver/tile guy is a friend (coming over for BBQ and swim tonight), so I will ask him. I think there were 4 different dimension pavers that were put down randomly. The pavers and installation were $8.50 sq ft. I had my concrete contractor do the road base. I think I should have gone with a blue cover, when it is shut, there are a lot of tans/browns.

I will ask on the coping as well, but it is concrete.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Still have to paint speakers same color as fence.
Stucco the "pony" wall around the AC's.
Replace the stairs, wrong color, you can see the correct ones in one of the pics (did it for safety as TREX had to be ordered).
Replace walk on cover coping, wrong color, but had them installed for safety (can be done later).
Some misc. painting/stucco.
Install TREX (like) lattice work under the patio.

AND Biggest, building an "outdoor kitchen thingy" - gonna have grill, ice bin, pizza oven, drawers, garbage cans, and more storage. You can see in a few pics the window well is exposed, we will use this to block the window well so no one falls to their death. I plan to match the iron fence on the deck on both sides of the unit to completely close off the window well (with a gate for toys that get thrown down there).

A couple people have asked about the pavers - I just got this from my installer, "It's a 3cm versi pattern tumbled traverine and frost freeze climate tested" - hope that helps.

I know him well, runs a tile company, so I got them at $8.50 sq ft installed. That did not include the road base that my cement guy did, but still a great deal!!!!

Did the lattice work last night to hide the hole under the deck. Going to add the same retaining wall "rocks" to the underside to hide the cement lip you see under the lattice (shown in pics above). Also changed the steps to the correct color and added 15 low voltage step lights, look really good at night and helps with safety.

My build is weird to say the least, the builder is about 90% complete, but hasn't finished the automatic chemical equipment yet. Can't decide if I am mad because he has his team come twice a week to clean the pool and check/correct the chemicals (all on his dime). Just seems weird he won't finish a 1/2 day of work for the $13k I am holding?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.