Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Please slow down!

1. Back To Top    #1

Please slow down!

I come in here and have 380 posts to read since last night! no way I am ever going to catch up now!!

Had a case lot sale at our local commisary, so it was pretty much a waste going to work and setting up my demo table. It was CRAZY crowded. I felt so bad for one lady her baby. They were out there yesterday and stood in line for 5 hours. She was a lobster! And her baby's poor little face was all sunburned too
    *~ Laura ~*
    27x52 Aquasphere Conquest AGP (approx.17,100 gal)
    1 HP Pentair Dynamo Pump & SD-40 Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit
    BBB User- Salt Added

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Hi, Laura,

I know what you mean. This place cooks!! If you miss a complete day....you're behind the 8-ball. Do you know that this forum is barely one year old? Can you imagine what it will be like next Spring. They'll be 7-8,000 members and you'll have to be one of the "experts"!!!
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    May I ask how this place got started?

You guys are rockin' !
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4
    There is another pool forum, PoolForum.com, that many of us came from. Due to administrative problems, PoolForum has been unable to accept new members for a couple of years. SeanB started this forum so that people who couldn't register at PoolForum would have a place they could ask questions. Ben, the founder of PoolForum, either invented or popularized many of the ideas that became the foundation of the BBB method.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5
    I couldn't wiegh in yesterday on this topic because there were 387 posts I had to go through! Gees my obsessive compulsive disorder can't take it
    14x33 fiberglass freeform
    Variable speed Pentair intelliflo superpump
    420 Clean and Clear Plus cartridge filter.
    pool-school/pool_calculator , http://www.tftestkits.net/

6. Back To Top    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey
    May I ask how this place got started?

You guys are rockin' !
    Thanks.

Like Jason said, many of us got started over at PF. I was one of the last to join over there and like many others, wondered about the fate of the site. I started TFP so all of the "guests" who kept visiting but couldn't register, would have a place to ask their questions too. Apparently, people liked the slightly different approach of TFP and began using it as more than just a back up site, and things just kind of took off after that. 8)

You can read a little bit about our first year in this article from the newsletter:
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/newslett ... wsletter=2
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

7. Back To Top    #7
    I went through almost the same thing with a website in Sept 07 and we survived too but you have more #'s than us, we are very busy though!

Congrats on the new site. I didn't realize how new it was when I joined.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry
    Sean and his crew have done a great job building up the site over the past year.

- Josh
    Josh Ulfers - TFP Supporting Vendor - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps