SPA Heater Location

esabet

Dec 7, 2012
Hi;

We are constructing an over-grade Gunite SPA. All the SPA equipment will be located indoors. We intend to use either Sta-Rite SR400HD Max-E-Therm or Jandy LXi400NN LXI, Low NOx heater.

The question is if we can install the heater 100 feet away from the SPA. All other equipment will be installed about 50 feet away.

Welcome!!!

I agree, the pump will likely have no issue with moving the water that far (might want to up-size the pipe size). You will of course be loosing some of the heat as the water has to travel that far back to the pool. If it is not installed yet, you could add insulation around the pipes so the loss to the ground temperature is reduced.

At my first house, I located all the equipment further from the pool as it was cheaper for the longer plumbing run than for a longer gas pipe run ... plus then the equipment was out of sight and sound.

Hi and thank you for the warm welcome.

Here is some more detail that may help and explain the reasoning for the location selection.

The SPA is going to be located on a Concrete Decking which is over a Cellar space. We are making a closet in the cellar to accommodate for the SPA equipment. This closet will be about 50 feet away from the SPA. Initially we were intending to place the heater in the same closet but then we are running into an issue with Fresh Air Intake for the heater. In that respect life would be become much simpler if we could place the heater in the Mechanical room. The mechanical room has Fresh Air Intake already. But the Mechanical room is an additional 50 feet away which makes the total run for the heater 100 feet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.