Quick help

rabeaux

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 7, 2008
Lafayette la.
I just purchased new home with unground pool, gunite, 2200 gals. Pool was horrible
So, I completely drain pool & cleansed. I found this site I want to learn Bbb. Today
I am filling pool & I don't know what chemicals to put in tonight. I did order tk100 tet kit that I will
Get tomorrow. Any help would be helpful.
thanks Randy

Is it 2200 gallons or 22000? 2200 would be a very small pool. Your best bet is to test it once you get your kit and then post your test results so we can see where you are. Hard to know where to start when we have no idea what is going on with your water.

For a head start:
Your CYA is 0ppm as it is not in tap water. So you will certainly need to add stabilizer as one of the first steps.
You may need to adjust pH: add muriatic acid to lower, borax to raise
You may need to adjust TA: add baking soda to raise
You might need to raise the CH
You will need to add chlorine ... so you will certainly need bleach / chlorine liquid.

As soon as you kit comes in, post up a full set of results as Christian pointed out (except CYA as there is no point in testing it if you replaced 100% of the water ... save the reagent).

You could certainly go out and buy stabilizer and bleach today as you will need them. But at this point you do not know what you will need to adjust the pH or TA or CH.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.