Hard vs Flexible PVC

May 11, 2012
Danville, IN
I did some searching, but really didn't find an answer to my question. I'm trying to find out how well flexible PVC really stands up over time. When closing my pool this year, I ended up cracking one of the fittings on my suction line from the main drain and skimmers in my IG pool. I'm going to have to redo the plumbing to the pump and probably from pump to filter. I'm considering using some form of flexible PVC for both suction and pump to filter lines, which would make lining things back up easier and isolate any pump vibrations. My concern of course is how reliable the flexible PVC is over time, because I don't want a rupture.

Are there any recommendations whether to use solid over flexible PVC? Also, what type of flexible PVC is best to use and should it be clamped or glued?

Also, I'd really like to do something with my discharge line. I have a 4" solid corrugated pipe nearby in which our downspouts used to drain. Any reason I couldn't run the discharge pipe into that drainage pipe? Thanks for your input!

Most builders prefer hard pipe...flex PVC is convenient ( I use it on my AGP) and can be used, but tends to break down quicker and is susceptible to termite damage

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.