Loop loc cover

ethany

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Trenton NJ
I was wondering if those plastic sleeves that go over the springs really do anything. Had my cover for 5 or 6 years now and the sleeves are falling apart. Do I need to replace? Aren't the springs stainless? They shouldn't rust,not that the sleeves protect against rust.

What do u think?

Here is the description from loop-locs website

Spring Covers- Regular
UV treated- used to protect the spring & the deck. 6" long

No they won't rust, it's more for abrasion. So the spring doesn't become damaged from being sanded off the concrete deck around the pool. Not to mention the concrete decking would probably have marks on it from the springs eventually. That being said I close many pools every year that don't have them and haven't really noticed damage to either spring or decking. There is some pressure though, just look where the straps rub the coping. It's not noticeable unless you are looking for it but aluminum coping will have the paint rubbed off and even small impressions can form.

I've never seen dirt in them really, just UV damage which makes them become brittle and sometimes bubbly and opaque. They are just tubes cut to length. You can probably find something at lowes that would fit for less money. The trick is to get something that is UV stabilized. You might have to search the net but you can probably find someone to sell you 25 feet of tubing that will work just as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.