liner lock or coping snap in winter cover

Jul 21, 2012
I have a winter cover that snaps into the coping and then gets held in place by some beading that you insert all around the pool.

It is tough to install. The manufacturer told me to first put my solar blanket on the pool, put the cover on the solar blanket so it floats, snap the cover into a few spots around the pool, then pull the solar blanket out at one end, and finish snapping the cover in.

That approach works but is hard and exhausting.

Two questions.

1. Does anyone have a better way of doing this?
2. What do you use to push the beading into the coping? I use a rubber mallet and go around the pool and trap it in.

I wrestled this cover into place yesterday by myself and I am still sore today.

Ken

I have wrestled with these vinyl pop in covers over the years. You typically push the bead into the track with a plastic screen roller and then roll vinyl clothes line rope into that. These covers are heavy, smelly, and shrink. Other than not having to rely on water bags there is nothing good about them. I would ditch the cover completely and go with a regular tarp held down with bags or buckets. Or if you really want to treat yourself get a safety cover, and if you want the pool to open clean like your current cover then upgrade to a solid safety cover like Ultra-Loc by Loop-Loc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.