Aquapure35 to replace Aquapure 1400?

Jul 7, 2007
Allen, Texas
Has anyone installed a Jandy Aquapure35 (the "Ei") to replace a Aquapure 1400 system? My older two port 1400 system has a dead cell (lasted 6 years, not bad), but I'm trying to decide if I upgrade to the new 3 port cell.......or just replace the whole system. The newer Aquapure35 is supposedly compatible with my Aqualink RS system (and thus my Jandy PDA wireless controller). This is a plus over competing SWG systems. Purchasing a whole new system is only ~$200 more than buying the cell.

I'm curious if anyone in my similar situation has upgraded to the Aquapure35? How hard was it to reprogram with the Aqualink RS / PDA system?

Thanks, Mike

I just installed the Aquapure Ei on my converted salt water pool and its been running solid for past 2-3months, I know thats not enough history but havent seen any issues yet, hopefully dont plan on seeing any.

Ive had to trim it back to almost running 25% of the time since when we initially had it installed it was running almost 80% of the time to barely get the FC upto 3.0, now we got most of our water balanced, even at 25% it still maintains a good 6.0FC. Not a bad SWCG system if you ask me for the cost and ease of installation and full control via the iAqualink.

Dixit

The picture was from almost 1yr ago by the realtor who was selling the house, so they took it when the colder months were in ATL causing the bermuda grass to go into hibernation and turn brown. Its nice now with all nice green grass. The deck was power washed by me 2weeks ago so its all cleaned up too. Pool since I got the house was converted from Chlorine tabs (previous was tablet freak, CYA was 350 when I checked it), so I drained and converted to Salt Water and got this new system Aquapure Ei and put he iAqualink in. Love how i can control it from the web, phone, computer. Very nice and easier to configure then using that RS8 panel which isnt user friendly.

Dixit

Speaking of reliability my ei power supply started with the message "output fault" message about 370 days after purchase. The power supply, just the board not the whole module is about $240 on Ebay, and that is if that is the problem. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I have never seen a product before that gives you a one year parts, you pay the labor warranty before. Guess they can't keep them running either. Needless to say never again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.