green pool

Keep running the filter for a day or two. What looks clear now may get even clearer if you give the sand a little more time to work.

To verify that your pool is actually clean, run an OCLT. If you fail, hold shock level. If you pass, allow the FC to fall into maintenance range (but never below the minimum!).

At that point you can do further adjustments to the rest of the chemistry. Most importantly though, go swimming and enjoy your pool!

Sent from my Exhibit II using Tapatalk.

It has passed the OCLT
FC holds overnight
CC only turns slightly pink and then reverts back to clear with just 1 drop
pool clear
I havent' had to put any chlorine/bleach in for several days now
Will let the chlorine return to normal. Should I turn off my salt chlorinator? Approx how long should it take for the chlorine to return to a normal reading? Am I okay to put my solar blanket back on the pool to try and get the temp back up a little?
Thanks

BStaveley said:
It has passed the OCLT
Will let the chlorine return to normal. Should I turn off my salt chlorinator? Approx how long should it take for the chlorine to return to a normal reading? Am I okay to put my solar blanket back on the pool to try and get the temp back up a little?

• * SWCG on will slow or stop the FC from dropping, so yes turn it off.
    * The time required to drop will depend largely on UV exposure - so the answer is "it depends". In sunny conditions with strong UV and rational CYA (70-80 with SWG) I'd guess 25-35% FC loss per day would be likely. See below however...
    * The solar blanket should be OFF during the day to allow FC to drop. You can use it at night which (as I understand it) will maximize the heat gain during the day and reduce the heat loss at night. Impacts of the high FC on the solar cover are unknown to me so there may be other reasons to avoid putting the cover back on the pool at this time - perhaps someone else can answer that question.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.