Solar Cover - Cover?

Jul 10, 2007
Ohio
My father-in-law had a canvas (like a boat cover) cover made and used it to lay over top of his solar blanket when it was on the reel. The canvas was sewed so that it had a sand sleeve to weigh it down when laying on the solar cover. He still needed to replace his solar cover about every 3 years. Does anyone else do anything like this? Is it worth the investment? Do they make such a product comercially and where might I find one if so?

Thanks for your comments.

--Chuck

Solar covers need to be kept out of direct sun when they are off the pool or they break sown quidkly. Anything opaque and white is fine to use. My solar cover came with a big sheet of white plastic that was basically the same plastic that kitchen garbage bags are made of (and about as thin!). I ended up using an old white sheet. It works fine. 3-5 years is about average lifespan for a 12 mil cover.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.