sta-rite dura glas impeller screw is stuck

Aug 26, 2012
So my pump is 26 years old and runs fine. I just have a leak from the seal plate o-ring and so I took it apart. I thought I might replace the shaft seals and slinger while I am in there. But I can not remove the impeller. I know it is left hand thread. But the biggest flat screwdriver I have just starts to bend the slot edges.

I am thinking of using my dremel tool to make another slot and use a philips for more grab.

Any other suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_3617.JPG
    IMG_3617.JPG
    208.7 KB · Views: 55
The impact worked fine, thanks.

ordered some 0-rings and the shaft seal.

But the motor shaft is pitted. Any suggestions on how to fill or do I now replace motor?

I could file the corrosion away and weld material back in, and then file and smooth. Anything easier?

update, Leslie pool guy say this will not affect seal because the shaft seal has a rubber 0-ring that fits the end. I checked with the old seal and yes there is a seal at the end, so the corrosion where it is does not matter.

Attachments

• IMG_3618.JPG
    IMG_3618.JPG
    199.1 KB · Views: 30
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.