5 year old pool replacement liner OOS can I use another liner?

BPool317

Jun 15, 2020
Indianapolis
Hi so I have a old Intex pool I bought 5 years ago and I need to replace the liner this year after some hefty damage (some big holes on the bottom). The liner it uses is the 12131EH, Pool Liner for 15ft X 33in Metal Frame Pools and I was thinking I might be able to replace it with the 12455EH, Pool Liner for 15ft X 33in Round Prism Frame Pools which they do have in stock.

I tried calling Intex but they immediately said no it's to old just buy a new pool without looking anything about my pool up. That said I've seen videos online of people replacing or fixing their liners with third-party liners so I'm not sure if I should just trust what they said. I have all my accessories and everything for this pool so I'd much rather buy a $100 liner instead of an entirely new $300 - $500 pool (that's out of stock everywhere right now anyway).

Can anyone with experience tell me if this is doable? If I will encounter problems? Or am I really just SOL?

The important thing would be to match the length of the support rails and the number of legs.

Thank you so much splashpad I think you helped me find a different liner from this year that should be compatible. Would you mind reviewing this information and seeing if my deductions look ok?

My pool uses 15 Horizontal beams and legs (I still have the manual) The replacement part no is 12146 for the beam.
On the Intex site it says this beam is compatible with 28241EH which also happens to be the 2020 15x48 metal frame pool.
This pool also uses 15 horizontal beams and legs.

This leads to believe that the replacement liner for the 2020 15x48 metal frame pool should be compatible with my pool. Does that sound about right?

Reactions: splashpad
Ok, maybe I’m just not understanding what I’m reading... you have a 15’ by 33” round pool, and you are asking if a liner for a 15’ by 48” pool will work?

Thank you so much splashpad I think you helped me find a different liner from this year that should be compatible. Would you mind reviewing this information and seeing if my deductions look ok?

My pool uses 15 Horizontal beams and legs (I still have the manual) The replacement part no is 12146 for the beam.
On the Intex site it says this beam is compatible with 28241EH which also happens to be the 2020 15x48 metal frame pool.
This pool also uses 15 horizontal beams and legs.

This leads to believe that the replacement liner for the 2020 15x48 metal frame pool should be compatible with my pool. Does that sound about right?
Yes the diameter will be the same, but you will have wall folds due to the height difference (33 to 48 is 15") :) If you could find someone locally with 48" intex legs, that still have life, you can switch out the legs. Or if you can order them (higher cost again)?

Yes the diameter will be the same, but you will have wall folds due to the height difference (33 to 48 is 15") :) If you could find someone locally with 48" intex legs, that still have life, you can switch out the legs. Or if you can order them (higher cost again)?
I was thinking about buying another set of legs around 80$ but maybe someone locally does have a set. I'll throw up a craigslist and cross my fingers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.