5 Gallons Liquid Chlorine = 0 Free Chlorine

Ok so I had to start it without the right Test Kit.
Yesterday I went underneath the Steps & Found Algae there. Got a screw driver & scraped & tons of Algae & tons of pieces came in to pool.
Let my Polaris get it all. Brushed Side Walls. Pump is running 24/7. Backwashed like Once a day. A lot of dirt comes out.
Today I added Muriatic Acid to get the PH from 7.8 to less than 7.2 with Muriatic Acid.
Then I Added 3-2.5 Gallons of 10% Chlorine. That seemed to show up past 5 on my limited in adequate Taylor Test Kit.
Stayed that way to 4 PM today. Just added another 2.5 Gallons Chlorine.
Tomorrow morning I'll get more Chlorine. And get more throughout the week.
I know I'm not following the Slam Directions to the T.
But at least now my Chlorine is actually reading.
Thanks for everyones help.

So over a year after becoming a member, you still have not gotten one of the recommended test kits :scratch:

You are now wasting money with your current approach. If you do not maintain the FC high enough, then you are not making progress. How will you know when to stop?

Why are you taking the pool down from a 7.2 pH ?? What is your pH goal and why ??
Are the steps removable ?? Did you take the steps out and clean them really good or did you just scrape them in place in the pool water ??

Ok. Took plastic steps off. Could not take the entire stairs off with silver handle poles. They are cemented in ground. But the plastic steps underneath have all these nooks and crannys I have them soaking in bleach. Lots of algae in there. Will not put steps back for a week or so. Really want to take care of the the water first. I'm Getting free chlorine level to 22 ppm. Until I get my test kit, the local pool store is testing daily for me. Accorfing to my CYA of 38. That's about how high it needs to be to shock. Hard to keep it up there but more chlorine and keeping the PH at 7.2. My test kit is ordered and should arrive soon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.